Speed Dating can be nerve wrecking but also one of the best nights out you can have. How else could you meet a year’s worth of dates in one night face to face?
We would highly recommend you try Speed Dating if you haven’t tried it before. The main reason why people are more nervous coming speed dating as opposed to our other singles nights for Dinner Dating and Wine Tasting is because they are unsure of what to ask in those precious first few minutes you have to make an impression!
There’s no need to be afraid if you try these 5 personality-revealing questions:
1. What’s the last thing you ate? An easy question to start off with and it can reveal a lot about your date. Is your potential mate a fast-food junky or a strict vegan? It’s a personal question but not too intimate.
2. What was the last holiday you had? Their most recent holiday can reveal an adventurous spirit or someone who can’t bear to leave their mothers side! Maybe you’d rather know about what concert they went to, go with that. The important thing is to find out whether this person’s interests match yours.
3. Do you like dogs? Or cats? It’s a dealbreaker, right? Best to know now.
4. What are the best and worst parts of your job? This is a friendly way to find out if this guy or girl is financially solvent. It can also reveal how similar their career goals are to yours and whether they see the glass as half empty, or half full.
5. Describe your best friend. This is a lovely question to finish with, a chance for them to speak about one of their most important relationships. Even if you don’t sense a spark, letting them close with nice words about their best friend shows you realise how vulnerable you both were during this whirlwind experience.
So now you’ve got your questions at the ready come and join us at our next fun night of Speed Dating in Dublin.